Thursday, August 12, 2010

dangerously complex inner workings.

to the male half of humanity:

I AM A GIRL. I LIKE TO BE GIRLY TO A LIMITED EXTENT. THIS DOES NOT MAKE ME HIGH MAINTENANCE OR CRAZY.

what this means to me specifically:

-i like dates, i like to go on them. fast food doesn't count. neither does me paying. it's preferable if you think of what to do, rather than have me plan it for you.
-i like flowers, yes, flowers. it's why i have them tattooed on my fucking arm. no you don't have to buy a dozen roses. just pick a freaking dandelion and watch me smile.
-i much prefer you telling me i'm pretty over hearing you tell other girls they are.
-if you are away from me, i want you to have a good time, but i do not want to hear how you don't miss me or don't think of me; i'd like to know you miss me. lie if you have to.
-i appreciate good time management skills. maybe this isn't girly, this has more to do with my OCD nature.
-i enjoy "the notebook" style kisses. it shows you've got confidence, balls. confident balls.
-i want to know chivalry is not dead. please show me that. i don't need you to baby me or take care of me. i work, i pay my own bills, i can fix certain aspects of my own car. i am self sufficient; this does not mean i don't need chivalry from time to time. learn to be a modern day knight.

i don't think any of this is too difficult, is it too difficult? am i difficult? i must be difficult. clearly, i am difficult.

3 comments:

  1. Amen, sister. Why does simply being a woman always get interpreted as High Maintenance? Do they want us to be men?

    ReplyDelete
  2. clearly they do. their brains seem to function in an "only what i think / do / say is correct or logical." which is hilarious. because i am the most annoyingly logical person i know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfectly normal expectations...low maintenance even!! Don't compromise on these desires, they should be expected!

    ReplyDelete