Tuesday, August 31, 2010

stingy.

dear world, in particular, austrailia and the left coast of the US:

i do not want to share shane blay with you. i want to be selfish and keep him here so i can hold him and laugh with him and make stupid faces at him and sometimes annoy him. i don't want him to leave. i try not to think about it, but sometimes, the thoughts creep in. it's bad enough having your lover gone, but your best friend, too? it's a double whammy. one of the worst-very-worst parts is, after he's been gone about a week, i can't smell him anymore. not on my pillow. not in my hair. not on my clothes. not on my skin. honest to goodness, i will cry about a week in, when i realize nothing smells like him anymore.

i do not want shane blay to leave. i don't i don't i don't. i want to be selfish with him and keep him here all to myself. alas...

he's got too much beauty to share with the world. much too much. so i'll send him off with a smile and high hopes for good things for him. please take care of him, world. treat him right, feed him well, keep him safe. listen to his voice and bask in the creativity and beauty his heart is sharing with you. buy some merch. say a kind word to him. don't steal his gear (fuck you, connecticut). be thankful for his parents, who are the reason he's out there, world, sharing his gifts with you. help me share him by telling others about the soul-moving music he writes. send him back to me quick and all in one piece.

don't say a word just come over, and lie here with me.
cause i'm just about to set fire to everything i see.
i want you so bad i'll go back on the things i believe.
there, i just said it, i'm scared you'll forget about me.

No comments:

Post a Comment